Watching collegiate atheltics is exciting and can leave you on the edge of your seat rooting for your alma mater or rooting against your rivals. One big problem is you cannot participate and help your college. Well, that has all changed. Unlike NCAA tournaments,YOU, the anglers, captains and fans, have the opportunity to help the college of your choice win TBF’s Collegiate National Billfish Championship (CBNC). Remember ANYONE(student, alumni or fan) can particpate in this competition, you don’t even have to fish to win prizes. Your tagging records will count for the CBNC AND TBF’s Annual Tag & Release Competition which doubles your chances to win prizes and awards!
This first year’s winner is: Duke University. Unbelievable right?
The winner of the BCS National Championship Tickets: is a Oregon State Duck – Elizabeth Crudele!
Congratulations to Duke and Elizabeth!
You can win a number of prizes for things like: most participating anglers, the most tagged fish, and the most points? While college basketball season almost complete, there is still time to support and prove yourallegiance to your favorite school and billfish conservation.
The Billfish Foundation (TBF) believes that the battle for a national title should go beyond one semester, and be open to all academic institutions. TBF’s Collegiate Billfish National Championship (CBNC) will be fought on the waters around the world, will allow you to run as far as you like and includes all academic four-year colleges. Current college students and former alumni can work together to accumulate points in the CBNC and prove which university has the best anglers. Does your university or college have what it takes to be national champions of the billfishing world? If so, start your engines, grab your rods and get on board with TBF to prove which alma mater’s banner will win this national championship!
WHAT YOU WIN:
- Representatives from the winning team will be presented with the CBNC’s perpetual trophy and custom TBF CBNC jackets.
- A chance to win a pair of 2012 BCS National Championship tickets!
- Monthly drawings for Costa Sunglasses.
- Winners will be honored at TBF’s Annual Dinner & Auction during the Fort Lauderdale Boat Show.
- TBF custom National Championship certificates for all National Championship Team members.
- The CBNC Series kicks off over each official Labor Day weekend; this year’s competition began onSeptember 3rd, 2011 and will conclude onSeptember 30, 2012
- Only tagged billfish qualify
- Each angler must INCLUDE on EACH TAG CARD (or with a transmittal letter) the name of the school in whose honor he or she is fishing.
- Anyone can play, but you must be a member to WIN! Current students, alumni, faculty and fans can all participate.
Points will be awarded to specific species of billfish
- 100 points for Sailfish and Swordfish
- 250 points for Striped and White Marlin
- 500 points for Black and Blue Marlin
TBF recognizes the passion many anglers have for their alma mater during college football season and for fishing. The CBNC is the combination of both, to allow anglers to show their fishing prowess, help TBF collect vital billfish data and most exciting of all, be recognized as national champions! So before your next fishing trip, make sure you sign up for TBF’s new College Billfish National Championship for a chance to claim that best anglers come from your alma mater.
READY TO COMPETE IN THE CBNC?
Fill out the form below. If you have any questions, please email Peter or Andrew or call us at 954-938-0150, ext. 107 or 115.